We always pass this dish to Dad first, since he likes the creamy herbed combination so much. He rates it tops among all the trimmings served for the turkey dinner when our gang of more than 20 gathers to celebrate. —Keri Scofield Lawson, Fullerton, California
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon each rubbed sage, dried thyme, parsley flakes, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) pearl onions, drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen baby carrots
- Melt butter in a large saucepan; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add cream, broth and seasonings. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly. Add onions, peas and carrots. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Herbed Vegetables in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p31
Reviews for Creamy Herbed Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review