Creamy Herbed Vegetables Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon each rubbed sage, dried thyme, parsley flakes, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) pearl onions, drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen baby carrots
- Melt butter in a large saucepan; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add cream, broth and seasonings. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly. Add onions, peas and carrots. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Herbed Vegetables(3)
Sort By :
We make this recipe for Christmas every year. It is very flavorable and always a hit.
Excellent and easy! Creamed vegetables are so very satisfying. I like to use fresh herbs as much as possible, so I used fresh thyme (1 tablespoon) and parsley. Also I substituted heavy cream for the half & half - I like it rich! I have served this for Thanksgiving dinner for the 35 relatives I have every year, and everyone gives it thumbs up!
I had forgotten about this wonderful recipe! What is so great is that you can alter the herbs to suit your own tastes. I have used ginger, tarragon and/or dill weed depending upon what I was serving it with.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >