No one will ever guess that a soup this smooth and creamy could be low-fat! Our Test Kitchen simmered up plenty of savory herb flavors that blend together well to make this soup a keeper.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste until blended. In a small bowl, combine milk powder and flour; stir in milk until smooth. Gradually stir into soup. Cook and stir until thickened and heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Tomato Soup in Light & Tasty February/March 2008, p47
Reviews for Creamy Herbed Tomato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2013
"Excellent flavor! For a smoother soup, I put it through the blender after adding the milk. I also used fat free milk instead of 2%. I will definitely make this again."