Creamy Herbed Potato Salad Recipe
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet pickles
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onions, pickles, green pepper and egg. In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 218 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 484 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Herbed Potato Salad
"My daughter found this recipe in one of your cookbooks. We make adjustments to the recipe depending on who we are making it for. It's now a family favorite; and we bring it to all family and friend get -togethers."