I found this recipe in a magazine in an orthodontist’s office over 25 years ago. I wrote it on an old piece of paper, which I found in my purse, and still have it that way in my card file. It’s the best potato salad recipe I have every tried.
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet pickles
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onions, pickles, green pepper and egg. In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Herbed Potato Salad in Reminisce June/July 2007, p48
Reviews for Creamy Herbed Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review