I found this recipe in a magazine in an orthodontist’s office over 25 years ago. I wrote it on an old piece of paper, which I found in my purse, and still have it that way in my card file. It’s the best potato salad recipe I have every tried.
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet pickles
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onions, pickles, green pepper and egg. In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Herbed Potato Salad in Reminisce June/July 2007, p48
Reviews for Creamy Herbed Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2013
"My daughter found this recipe in one of your cookbooks. We make adjustments to the recipe depending on who we are making it for. It's now a family favorite; and we bring it to all family and friend get -togethers."