Creamy Herbed Meatballs Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook meatballs in batches until browned on all sides and a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 16 meatballs.
4 each: 291 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 980mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Herbed Meatballs
"These are very easy and tasty meatballs. I made the meatballs as recipe called for but browned the meatballs. I put them in a casserole dish, stirred the soup in the pan and added some dry sherry instead of water. Poured that over the meatballs, baked @ 300 degrees for about an hour. Yum!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.