Creamy Herbed Meatballs
Cooking isn't one of my strong points. But this recipe is one my husband frequently requests. Basil and parsley give a distinct fresh flavor. - Marilyn Coupland, Portage la Prairie, Manitoba
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over
- mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, cook meatballs in batches until browned on all
- sides and a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain. Stir in the
- remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until
- heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 16 meatballs.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 each) equals 291 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 980 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.