- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, cook meatballs in batches until browned on all sides and a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 16 meatballs.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Creamy Herbed Meatballs
Sort By :
These are very easy and tasty meatballs. I made the meatballs as recipe called for but browned the meatballs. I put them in a casserole dish, stirred the soup in the pan and added some dry sherry instead of water. Poured that over the meatballs, baked @ 300 degrees for about an hour. Yum!