Creamy Herbed Chicken Recipe
"I'm a nurse and work nights, so when I get home in the morning, I put this chicken on to cook," says Mary Humeniuk-Smith of Perry Hall, Maryland. "At the end of the day, the chicken is moist and tender, and the rich sauce seasoned with garlic and thyme is delicious."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. Cook: 4 hours YIELD:4 servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 envelope garlic and herb pasta sauce mix
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Hot cooked fettuccine
- 1. Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soup, milk, sauce mix, thyme and parsley; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with fettuccine. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC