Creamy Herbed Cheese Spread Recipe
This tasty herb spread is terrific on top of crackers or served with fresh veggies. Preparing it in the blender yields a creamy concoction. —Shirley Glaab, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh savory or 1/4 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Assorted crackers
- 1. Place cottage cheese and cream cheese in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in the chives, parsley, thyme, basil, savory and salt. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 1-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoons: 53 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Herbed Cheese Spread
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC