Creamy Herb Appetizer Pockets Recipe
I combined a creamy cheese sauce and an artichoke dip to come up with these bite-size morsels. The filling is tucked into triangles made from crescent roll dough—it's the perfect no-mess appetizer! —Tina Scarpaci of Chandler, Arizona
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped canned water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the spreadable cheese, cream cheese, cream and garlic until blended. Beat in the herbs, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Fold in artichokes and red peppers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Unroll both tubes of crescent roll dough. On a lightly floured surface, form each tube of dough into a long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Roll each into a 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Cut lengthwise into four strips and width-wise into three strips; separate squares.
- 3. Place 1 rounded tablespoon of filling in the center of each square. Fold in half, forming triangles. Crimp edges to seal; trim if necessary. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
One serving (2 each) equals 96 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 302 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC