Creamy Hash Browns
My mother often took this comforting side dish to social dinners because it was such a hit. Now I get the same compliments when I make it. Bacon and onion jazz up a creamy mixture that takes advantage of convenient frozen hash browns and canned soups. Donna Downes
Las Vegas, Nevada
14 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 package (2 pounds) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in an ungreased 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl,
- combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over potatoes and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until potatoes are tender and
- heated through. Yield: 14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 303 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 745 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.