- 1 package (2 pounds) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in an ungreased 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over potatoes and mix well. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until potatoes are tender and heated through. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Hash Browns
Sort By :
"I've made this recipe several times for barn potlucks, but I prefer to lighten it up a little. I use one bag of the potatoes with peppers and onions, low fat soups, butter and sour cream, leave out the bacon and reduce the sour cream to 1 cup. It's still very tasty and a far cry from healthy but at least I can eat it without crying lol"
"I make a few adjustments to this recipe to suit my tastes. I only use 1 lb of 'shredded' hash browns and I do not use as much bacon that is called for in the recipe. I make this anytime we go to a family get together or a church function and I never have leftovers. :)"
"I have made this a few times and love it! I would really like to know what the serving size is though. My son is diabetic and I see it is 18 grams per serving but it doesn't say what the serving size is.....anyone know??"
"Excellent! Made for a mother's day picnic and my family love it."
"I often sub ham for the bacon - also use "real" American cheese & about 1 Tbsp. instant minced onion (the fresh doesn't seem to cook enough for my taste....)"