Creamy Hash Brown Potato Soup Recipe
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 6 cups water
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, water and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; stir in soup and cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Stir in the sour cream, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through (do not boil). Yield: 13 servings (about 3 quarts).
Reviews for Creamy Hash Brown Potato Soup
Sort By :
Easy and Delicious!
This is one of my go to soups when I am in a hurry. I dress it up by cooking the onions before adding the potatoes & water. I also like to add a cap-full of liquid smoke to give it a little more depth. When serving I sprinkle some shredded cheese and bacon bits and serve with bread - the whole family loves this one.
I shared this soup with another person. we both enjoyed the soup. the soup was very easy to make. I will definitely make it again. rather than using Velveeta ( pasteurized processed cheese ) I used regular cheddar cheese
I shared this soup with another person. we both enjoyed the soup. the soup was very easy to make. I will definitely make it again.
This soup was fast and easy. I made it and the family thought ot was bought from a local popular steakhouse that os known for it's soup. The only deviation I made was I added some diced smoked ham. I am going to make this for my next potluck they will think I have worked all day on it. Thanks.