“A friend brought me this soup when I was sick,” writes Pat Maruca from Philippi, West Virginia. “It tastes like it simmered for hours, but basic ingredients make it a snap to prepare.” This one’s sure to chase the chillS away!
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 6 cups water
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, water and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; stir in soup and cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Stir in the sour cream, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through (do not boil). Yield: 13 servings (about 3 quarts).
Originally published as Creamy Potato Soup in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p30
Reviews for Creamy Hash Brown Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review