Creamy Ham Turnovers Recipe
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, milk and dill until blended. Stir in the ham, onion, celery and pimientos. Roll out pizza dough into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle; cut in half lengthwise and widthwise. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Divide ham mixture evenly between the four rectangles. Fold opposite corners over ham mixture; pinch to seal. Brush with egg white. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving equals 308 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 967 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Reviews for Creamy Ham Turnovers
"Good for dinner for both kids and adults"
"These are so delicious. We have already made them several times and each time we are reminded of how much we love them. They dont taste like they are from the healthy menu. So good!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.