Creamy Ham Turnovers Recipe
Prepared pizza crust makes these tasty turnovers a time-saver. "The golden-brown bundles look like you fussed, but they're very simple," says Earnestine Jackson of Beaumont, Texas.
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, milk and dill until blended. Stir in the ham, onion, celery and pimientos. Roll out pizza dough into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle; cut in half lengthwise and widthwise. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Divide ham mixture evenly between the four rectangles. Fold opposite corners over ham mixture; pinch to seal. Brush with egg white. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 308 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 967mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Reviews for Creamy Ham Turnovers
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC