- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) reduced-fat garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook penne according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking; drain. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, combine milk and spreadable cheese. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Add the ham, pepper and penne mixture; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Ham Penne
Sort By :
I agree the cheese was a little pricey, but for two people, it is 2 meals. Since my husband is not a broccoli fan, I substituted fresh green beans cut in one inch pieces. We will enjoy this again and again! I think I'll decrease the milk to 3/4 cup also as suggested in another review to thicken the sauce a little bit.
This was easy and good. The cheese was a little pricey, and next time I will probably reduce the milk to 3/4 cup to keep the sauce nice and thick. This was a thumbs WAY up from my son and husband. Definitely a winner.
I thought it was a little bland but it was kid friendly and my super picky kids actually ate it without complaining!
I added a little salt and used Barilla Plus pasta instead of wheat. Next time, I'll add more broccoli. I think this is company worthy.