Mixing spreadable cheese with whole wheat pasta, broccoli and fat-free milk for a main dish is a healthier use of this convenience product than simply spreading it on crackers. —Barbara Pletzke, Herndon, Virginia
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) reduced-fat garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook penne according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking; drain. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, combine milk and spreadable cheese. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Add the ham, pepper and penne mixture; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Ham Penne in Healthy Cooking October/November 2012, p27
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Ham Penne
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review