Creamy Ham Noodle Casserole Recipe
- 10 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute the celery, pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the soup, milk and salt. In a very large bowl, combine the soup mixture, ham and mushrooms. Drain pasta; add to soup mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Top with cracker crumbs. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Bake the remaining casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (9 servings each).
1-1/3 cups equals 345 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 1,107 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Ham Noodle Casserole
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.