Creamy Ham Macaroni
At her home in Fort Myers, Florida, Beulah Johnston jazzes up macaroni with ham, cheese and mushrooms to make this family-pleasing fare. "Sprinkle servings with chopped cashews, if you'd like." she adds.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large saucepan, whisk soup and milk; stir in cheese. Cook and stir
- over medium heat until cheese is melted. Drain macaroni; add to the
- pan. Stir in the ham, mushrooms and pimientos; heat through. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 545 calories, 28 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 1,929 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.