I often prepare this dish as a fast and flavorful way to bring a "taste of Italy" to the dinner table. The creamy sauce dresses up ordinary ham and asparagus.
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, julienned
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (3/4-inch pieces), cooked, optional
- 12 ounces fettucini, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional green onions, optional
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onions and mushrooms in butter until onions are tender. Reduce heat to low; stir in cream cheese and milk. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Add ham, asparagus if desired and fettucini; heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Garnish with additional onions if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Ham Fettucini in Country Pork 1996, p50
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Ham Fettucini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review