Creamy Ham Fettuccine Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Add Swiss cheese; cook and stir over low heat for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Add ham and peas; cook 2 minutes longer or until heated through. Drain the fettuccine; top with ham mixture and Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 763 calories, 46 g fat (26 g saturated fat), 242 mg cholesterol, 953 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Ham Fettuccine
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.