Creamy Ham Fettuccine
My wife and I are pasta lovers, and after we tried this dish at an Italian restaurant, I thought I could improve on it. I enjoy making pasta sauces, and this is one dish we like to serve to our pasta-loving friends.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- heavy saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually
- add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until
- thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the
- pan, stirring constantly. Add Swiss cheese; cook and stir over low
- heat for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Add ham and peas; cook
- 2 minutes longer or until heated through. Drain the fettuccine; top
- with ham mixture and Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 763 calories, 46 g fat (26 g saturated fat), 242 mg cholesterol, 953 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 35 g protein.