Creamy Ham and Broccoli Soup Recipe
"Frozen vegetables make this a quick soup to stir," comments Eileen Claeys, Long Grove, Iowa. "Turkey ham lends a hearty flavor with less fat."
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 3/4 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; cover and cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes (do not drain). Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually add to the vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; boil for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Stir in cheese; cover and let stand until melted, about 5 minutes. Stir before serving. Yield: 3 servings.
1 cup: 176 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 665mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Ham and Broccoli Soup
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2013
"Quick, tasty, and good for my diet!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC