Creamy Ham and Broccoli Soup Recipe
"Frozen vegetables make this a quick soup to stir," comments Eileen Claeys, Long Grove, Iowa. "Turkey ham lends a hearty flavor with less fat."
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 3/4 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; cover and cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes (do not drain). Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually add to the vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; boil for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Stir in cheese; cover and let stand until melted, about 5 minutes. Stir before serving. Yield: 3 servings.
1 cup equals 176 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 665 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Ham and Broccoli Soup
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2013
"Quick, tasty, and good for my diet!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC