"Frozen vegetables make this a quick soup to stir," comments Eileen Claeys, Long Grove, Iowa. "Turkey ham lends a hearty flavor with less fat."
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 3/4 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; cover and cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes (do not drain). Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually add to the vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; boil for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in cheese; cover and let stand until melted, about 5 minutes. Stir before serving. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Cream of Broccoli Soup in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p22
Reviews for Creamy Ham and Broccoli Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2013
"Quick, tasty, and good for my diet!"