Creamy Ham 'n' Macaroni Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Whisk in the milk, bouillon and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in 1 cup cheddar cheese, ham, Parmesan cheese and macaroni.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Ham 'n' Macaroni(8)
Sort By :
This was very rich but so delicious! It doesn't take much to fill you up. I made it hoping my two year old would eat it in place of Kraft and my husband ended up raving about it. Definitely keeping in my file!
My new favorite macaroni recipe!
My family loves this recipe I make it every year after are thanksgiving with leftover ham I do not change anything when I make this recipe
This is a great way to use leftover ham. I added onions, seasoning salt, and chopped green chilies.
Four out of five at my dinner table enjoyed this last night. I skipped adding the extra cheese on top ans added buttered breadcrumbs instead. The recipe was easily doubled. A nice treat!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese >
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Macaroni and Cheese Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >