Creamy Ham 'n' Macaroni Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Whisk in the milk, bouillon and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in 1 cup cheddar cheese, ham, Parmesan cheese and macaroni.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Ham 'n' Macaroni(12)
Sort By :
This was just ok to us.
This was excellent, super rich and a great way to use up leftover ham.
Didn't have enough of ingredients on hand and had to use only 1 cup white cheddar, 1 cup whole milk with 1 cup water and about 1/8 cup Italian parmesan. It still turned out great..my kids loved it and are asking for me to make again! Cant imagine the flavor with the right amount of ingredients. Finally a recipe they like since I wont buy the box mac and cheese anymore!
This is a favorite at our house and we make it all the time for pot lucks.
This was very rich but so delicious! It doesn't take much to fill you up. I made it hoping my two year old would eat it in place of Kraft and my husband ended up raving about it. Definitely keeping in my file!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese >
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Casserole Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Macaroni and Cheese Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >