Creamy Ham 'n' Macaroni Recipe
The original comfort food, macaroni and cheese gets a makeover with the addition of cubed ham and grated Parmesan. Kids will love it! —Christy Looper, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Whisk in the milk, bouillon and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in 1 cup cheddar cheese, ham, Parmesan cheese and macaroni.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 434 calories, 26 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 1,414 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC