- 2 medium cooked potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, ham, salt and pepper. Combine the egg and sour cream; add to potato mixture and gently toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Ham 'n' Egg Casserole
"I felt this was quite dry but tasty. I think I will add some milk to the sour cream next time."
"Made a great and easy supper, and ate leftovers for breakfast the next day. Will probably add some chopped onion and green/red peppers next time. Maybe even some cheddar cheese too."
"Re: Why are there no nutrition facts on this recipe.ML"
"For easy peel eggs - boil in salted water. Set eggs into boiling, salted water & w/ a spoon, gently roll eggs around to center the yolks. Boil for about 15 min. When eggs are dome, immediately run under cold water or set in ice water to cool fully. When cool, tap & roll on counter to crack open, then peel. This has always worked for me w/ zero chunks of egg sttached to the shells."
"There is a little mistake in the instructions. Combine the potato, EGGS, ham, salt and pepper. Then it says to combine the EGGS and sour cream and add to the potato mixture. I am assuming that the EGGS are not combined with the potato mixture, but combined with the sour cream and then added.Am I right? Oh, what does it really matter as long as everything is in the dish at the end!!! Sound like a really good casserole and I plan on making it soon. Thank you"