Creamy Ham 'n' Egg Casserole Recipe
Have leftover cooked potatoes or eggs on hand? Here’s a terrific way to use them up! “This breakfast main dish is a great way to fill up family members before they leave for work, school or wherever they need to be,” writes Dixie Terry of Goreville, Illinois.
- 2 medium cooked potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 4 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, chopped
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, ham, salt and pepper. Combine the egg and sour cream; add to potato mixture and gently toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Ham 'n' Egg Casserole in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p54
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Ham 'n' Egg Casserole(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2011
I felt this was quite dry but tasty. I think I will add some milk to the sour cream next time.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >