Have leftover cooked potatoes or eggs on hand? Here's a terrific way to use them up! This breakfast main dish is a great way to fill up family members before they leave for work, school or wherever they need to be. —Dixie Terry, Goreville, Illinois
- 2 medium cooked potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, ham, salt and pepper. Combine the egg and sour cream; add to potato mixture and gently toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Ham 'n' Egg Casserole in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p54
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Ham 'n' Egg Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review