Creamy Ham & Potatoes
If you love scalloped potatoes, this downsized version with tender chunks of ham is just for you. The cozy, comforting entree comes courtesy of Wendy Rowley from Green River, Wyoming.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 2 large red potatoes, cubed
- 1/3 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a greased 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, layer the potatoes, cheese, ham
- and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine soup and milk; whisk in flour and pepper.
- Pour over potatoes. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until
- potatoes are tender. Stir before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 398 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 1,534 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.