Creamy Ham & Corn Soup Recipe
My quick and easy soup really hits the spot on a cold winter night (and yes, we do occasionally have those in Arizona). I like to serve it with a salad and hot homemade bread.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:7 servings
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- Snipped fresh dill, optional
- 1. Combine the broth, corn, cream, onion and red pepper in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine the flour, water, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in ham.
- 2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Garnish servings with dill if desired. Yield: 7 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC