Creamy Ham & Corn Soup
My quick and easy soup really hits the spot on a cold winter night (and yes, we do occasionally have those in Arizona). I like to serve it with a salad and hot homemade bread.
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- Snipped fresh dill, optional
- Combine the broth, corn, cream, onion and red pepper in a large
- saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine the flour, water, salt and pepper
- until smooth; gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in ham.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables
- are tender. Garnish servings with dill if desired. Yield: 7