- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- Snipped fresh dill, optional
- Combine the broth, corn, cream, onion and red pepper in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine the flour, water, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in ham.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Garnish servings with dill if desired. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Ham & Corn Soup
Sort By :
"I made this and it was AWSOME!!! It did get a little to thick, just added more milk and bullion! U have to try this, u won't regret it!"
"This is a keeper for my family. I added minced garlic and saut?ed the peppers, onion and garlic before adding the liquid. Other than adding the garlic, I followed the recipe exactly and it came out with great flavor. I also added some chopped scallions for color. My kids went back for seconds and concluded its better and lighter than my slow-cooker corn chowder (also a TOH recipe). We will make this again."
"This soup is good and a different way to use leftover ham. I have made it twice and added garlic and chopped potatoes. This is a keeper."
"This was pretty good, but next time I think I will add some garlic to liven it up a little more... Very pretty soup to look at:)"