Creamy Halibut Enchiladas Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 2 pounds halibut, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded pepper Jack or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Carefully add fish; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork; drain well. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, chilies, olives, onions, cumin, salt and pepper. Fold in fish.
- 2. Place 1/2 cup down the center of each tortilla; roll up. Place enchiladas in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheeses; drizzle with cream.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with salsa. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 720 calories, 49g fat (25g saturated fat), 159mg cholesterol, 1144mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 38g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Halibut Enchiladas
"I usually don't like fish. But this recipe was very tasty. Great Lent recipe!"