- 4 cups water
- 2 pounds halibut, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded pepper Jack or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Carefully add fish; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork; drain well. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, chilies, olives, onions, cumin, salt and pepper. Fold in fish.
- Place 1/2 cup down the center of each tortilla; roll up. Place enchiladas in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheeses; drizzle with cream.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with salsa. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Halibut Enchiladas in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p21
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Halibut Enchiladas(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2009
I usually don't like fish. But this recipe was very tasty. Great Lent recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Fish >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >