As a transplanted New Englander, I was anxious to use some of Florida's fresh fruits in new recipes. I came across this one and it quickly became a favorite.
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, beat avocado with lime juice until smooth. Beat in
- the cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, salt and hot pepper sauce
- until smooth. Serve with tortilla chips. Store in refrigerator.
- Yield: 1-1/3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 68 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.