Creamy Ground Beef Noodle Casserole Recipe
- 4-1/2 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the soup, cheese, mushrooms, pimientos, butter, thyme and salt. Stir in the noodles and beef mixture.
- 3. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 295 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 527mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Creamy Ground Beef Noodle Casserole
"I was told to replace every meat loaf recipe that I have ever made with this Shepard's pie. They really liked it. (Hate meat loaf). The only thing things I changed was to add a extra cup of veggies and a shot of soy sauce instead of the worchester sauce,which I don't care for. Great week night meal with a tossed salad."
"Made this Casserole but like johnsen commented, I as well added pasta water. I also omitted the pimientos as I didn't have them. I also added some ground pepper and some garlic powder, which next time I would add fresh garlic. Very good dish and it's a keeper.Thanks for the recipe and it was too bad you didn't add a picture of it when done."
"I used a sweet pepper and I omitted the pimientos! Served with bread, butter and jelly! Yummmm! My family all agreed they liked this recipe. Would definitely make it again!"
"added 1/4 c. pasta water. very good."
"I used the steps listed but after combining all in a pyrex dish, I microwaved the casserole (my conventional oven is on the blink, but, I must confess, I probably would have anyway because I like the quicker way). It was very flavorful but a little dry & so I added more butter to my plate & it was a winner1"