Creamy Ground Beef Noodle Casserole Recipe
- 4-1/2 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the soup, cheese, mushrooms, pimientos, butter, thyme and salt. Stir in the noodles and beef mixture.
- 3. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 295 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 527 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.