- 4-1/2 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, cheese, mushrooms, pimientos, butter, thyme and salt. Stir in the noodles and beef mixture.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Ground Beef Noodle Casserole
Sort By :
I used a sweet pepper and I omitted the pimientos! Served with bread, butter and jelly! Yummmm! My family all agreed they liked this recipe. Would definitely make it again!
added 1/4 c. pasta water. very good.
I used the steps listed but after combining all in a pyrex dish, I microwaved the casserole (my conventional oven is on the blink, but, I must confess, I probably would have anyway because I like the quicker way). It was very flavorful but a little dry & so I added more butter to my plate & it was a winner1