"This is truly an old standby that's been in my family for years," Karen Mathis explains from Penfield, New York. "It can be assembled the night before and baked the next day."
- 4-1/2 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, cheese, mushrooms, pimientos, butter, thyme and salt. Stir in the noodles and beef mixture.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Beef Noodle Casserole in Light & Tasty October 2005, p42
Reviews for Creamy Ground Beef Noodle Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review