Creamy Grilled Potato Salad Recipe
- 8 medium red potatoes (about 2 pounds), cut into 1-in. slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs, chopped
- 1 dill pickle spear, chopped
- 3 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1. Place the first five ingredients in a large bowl; toss to coat.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill potatoes, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning once. Cool. Cut into quarters and place in a large bowl.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over potatoes; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 209 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 651mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Creamy Grilled Potato Salad
"Excellent!!! I really like the plain old classic potato salad but sometimes you just want something different. This is it!! Great recipe!"
"I found this recipe in a taste of home issue that I have since misplaced, thank-you internet! The best potato salad I have ever had and very easy to prepare,thanks Gayle for sharing"
"My new favorite potato salad. I shopped a whole dill pickle instead of just a spear - my family liked the extra pickle."
"My husband does not like potato salad, but I do. We both love this."
"WOW!!What a great take on potato salad! Just a hint of smokey-ness. Just made it last night, and have already e-mailed it to a friend.I also grilled some red onions, and chopped them and put in the salad, too. Yum!I over cooked the tato's a bit, but that just made the skins a bit crispy-not burnt-& did not ruin the salad. I WILL make this again, FOR SURE!I also added a bit more potato's than the 2 lbs. the recipe calls for-there was enough dressing. I also used garlic powder, not salt,-still fantastic!!Keep up the good work, healthy Cooking!"
"I was so excited to make this, but then sort of burnt the potatoes a bit. I think it's worth trying again though. If nothing else, the sauce has great flavor and would be good with non-grilled potatoes."
"It was worth the time to grill the potatoes. My husband liked them as much as I did. I used a Weber charcoal grill. The clean up wasn't bad."