Creamy Grilled Potato Salad Recipe
- 8 medium red potatoes (about 2 pounds), cut into 1-in. slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 dill pickle spear, chopped
- 3 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1. Place the first five ingredients in a large bowl; toss to coat.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill potatoes, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning once. Cool. Cut into quarters and place in a large bowl.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over potatoes; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 209 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 651 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Creamy Grilled Potato Salad
"Excellent!!! I really like the plain old classic potato salad but sometimes you just want something different. This is it!! Great recipe!"
"This recipe is outstanding. The dressing is easy and very tasty. I bake my potatoes at 325 until tender. I also use extra chopped pickle. I usually make 5 pounds of potatoes and it doesn't last long in my house! Great for lunches. We were never really into potato salad until I found this recipe."
"I found this recipe in a taste of home issue that I have since misplaced, thank-you internet! The best potato salad I have ever had and very easy to prepare,thanks Gayle for sharing"
"My new favorite potato salad. I shopped a whole dill pickle instead of just a spear - my family liked the extra pickle."
"My husband does not like potato salad, but I do. We both love this."
"WOW!!What a great take on potato salad! Just a hint of smokey-ness. Just made it last night, and have already e-mailed it to a friend.I also grilled some red onions, and chopped them and put in the salad, too. Yum!I over cooked the tato's a bit, but that just made the skins a bit crispy-not burnt-& did not ruin the salad. I WILL make this again, FOR SURE!I also added a bit more potato's than the 2 lbs. the recipe calls for-there was enough dressing. I also used garlic powder, not salt,-still fantastic!!Keep up the good work, Healthy Cooking!"
"My husband and i may never find a happy medium on potato salad. I don't like thick mayo in my potato salad and he does. I liked this, he didn't. Oh well, back to the drawing board."
"I was so excited to make this, but then sort of burnt the potatoes a bit. I think it's worth trying again though. If nothing else, the sauce has great flavor and would be good with non-grilled potatoes."
"It was worth the time to grill the potatoes. My husband liked them as much as I did. I used a Weber charcoal grill. The clean up wasn't bad."