Creamy Green Beans Recipe
- 2 cups frozen French-style green beans
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat process American cheese product (reduced-fat Velveeta)
- 1. Place beans in a microwave-safe baking dish; microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- 2. In a saucepan, saute onion in margarine for 1 minute. Stir in flour until smooth; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in yogurt. Add beans and pepper. Top with cheese and let stand until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
One 1/2-cup serving equals 70 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 162 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.