Creamy Green Beans Recipe
"This satisfying side-dish casserole has a slightly sweet-and-sour flavor," informs Lynn Hansen of North Liberty, Iowa. "It's a favorite around my house for the holidays and anytime."
- 2 cups frozen French-style green beans
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat margarine
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat process American cheese product (reduced-fat Velveeta)
- Place beans in a microwave-safe baking dish; microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, saute onion in margarine for 1 minute. Stir in flour until smooth; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in yogurt. Add beans and pepper. Top with cheese and let stand until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Green Beans in Taste of Home December/January 1998, p17
Reviews for Creamy Green Beans(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Green Bean Casserole Recipes >
- Green Bean Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Quick Recipes >