Creamy Green Bean Salad Recipe
IN our early years of marriage, my husband asked me to make bean salad "like his mother's". I've tried many versions, but this is the one our whole family likes best. In the past, I'd can about 50 quarts of green beans every year, but now my husband suggests I can only enough to keep making this salad. -Lorraine Mix, Remer, Minnesota
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1 can (8 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 medium tomato, chopped and drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- Lettuce leaves
- 1. In a bowl, combine sour cream and salad dressing; mix well. Stir in beans, tomato and onion. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve on lettuce. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 95 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 506 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC