IN our early years of marriage, my husband asked me to make bean salad "like his mother's". I've tried many versions, but this is the one our whole family likes best. In the past, I'd can about 50 quarts of green beans every year, but now my husband suggests I can only enough to keep making this salad. -Lorraine Mix, Remer, Minnesota
Featured In: 30 Salad Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1 can (8 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 medium tomato, chopped and drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- Lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine sour cream and salad dressing; mix well. Stir in beans, tomato and onion. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve on lettuce. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Green Bean Salad in Reminisce Extra October 1999, p47
Reviews for Creamy Green Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 6, 2014
"This turned out really good. I added a cup of chopped carrots, three steaks chopped and some bacon. I also omitted the lettuce. It turned out to be a whole meal in itself and everyone loved it. I will be making it again."