Creamy Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cups frozen french-style green beans
- 5 tablespoons shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
- 5 tablespoons french-fried onions, divided
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1. In a small bowl, beat soup and cream cheese until blended. Stir in the green beans, 4 tablespoons cheese, 4 tablespoons onions and sour cream. Transfer to a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and onions.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 266 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 738mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Green Bean Casserole
"I made this for Thanksgiving. I made a larger quantity than the recipe called for, so I added an entire can of cream of mushroom soup, an entire bag of frozen French cut green beans, and more sour cream and cream cheese. Maybe I should have thawed out the green beans first, because after I baked it for about 35 minutes or so, the green beans were still sort of crunchy. My proportions of ingredients seemed a bit off because it came out with too much of the sour cream and cream cheese mixture. I think I would try it with canned French cut green beans next time."
"Question: Can fresh garden beans be used in this recipe? if so, do the beans need to be blanched?"
"Every body loved it. I multiplied it up to serve for 15 people!! It was great!!"
"I made this for Thanksgiving. It's a great meal for two."
"lacked in flavor I thought"
"It was so delicious. I will make it over and over again !"