Creamy Green Bean Casserole Recipe
This scaled-down green bean casserole recipe takes a spin on the classic side dish. You can replace the green beans with any other frozen veggies. I like a mixture of carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. —Rosemary Beaudoin, Plainville, Connecticut
- 1/2 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cups frozen French-style green beans
- 5 tablespoons shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
- 5 tablespoons french-fried onions, divided
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a small bowl, beat soup and cream cheese until blended. Stir in the green beans, 4 tablespoons cheese, 4 tablespoons onions and sour cream. Transfer to a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and onions.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Green Bean Casserole in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p23
Reviews for Creamy Green Bean Casserole(4)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2012
Every body loved it. I multiplied it up to serve for 15 people!! It was great!!
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2011
I made this for Thanksgiving. It's a great meal for two.
Reviewed Nov. 21, 2011
lacked in flavor I thought
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2009
It was so delicious. I will make it over and over again !
More Recipe Collections
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Green Bean Casserole Recipes >
- Green Bean Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >