"This yummy recipe from my husband's sister, Gloria, is a favorite when we gather with our five married children," reports Janis Garrett of Macon, Georgia.
- 1 package (6 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 4 large ripe bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 2 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Sprinkle gelatin over boiling water. Remove from the heat; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 5 minutes. Stir in marshmallows until melted. Stir in bananas. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add pineapple and cold water to gelatin mixture.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. pan; chill until set. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and flour. Gradually stir in reserved pineapple juice. Add butter; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature, about 35-40 minutes.
- In a small bowl beat the cream until firm peaks form; fold into pineapple juice mixture. Spread over gelatin mixture. Sprinkle with nuts. Chill for 1-2 hours. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Gelatin Dessert in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p18
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Gelatin Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review