- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 8 slices frozen garlic bread, thawed and toasted
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir the garlic in oil over low heat for 1 minute or until lightly browned. Stir in the broth, salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- Strain broth and return to the pan. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks and cream. Stir in 1/2 cup hot broth. Return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir over medium heat until soup reaches 160° (do not boil). Top each serving with a slice of garlic bread; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Garlic Soup
Sort By :
Nice flavor, although the family decided it wasn't garlicky enough. I was very disappointed in how thin it was.
I do plan on tweaking it until it is how we like it. Thanks for the inspiration!
excellent taste with subtle undertones of the herbs. Already a favorite with my family and friends. I have to double the recipe when I make it as they always want seconds.