- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 8 slices frozen garlic bread, thawed and toasted
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir the garlic in oil over low heat for 1 minute or until lightly browned. Stir in the broth, salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- Strain broth and return to the pan. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks and cream. Stir in 1/2 cup hot broth. Return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir over medium heat until soup reaches 160° (do not boil). Top each serving with a slice of garlic bread; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Garlic Soup
Sort By :
"Nice flavor, although the family decided it wasn't garlicky enough. I was very disappointed in how thin it was.I do plan on tweaking it until it is how we like it. Thanks for the inspiration!"
"excellent taste with subtle undertones of the herbs. Already a favorite with my family and friends. I have to double the recipe when I make it as they always want seconds."