This hearty main course from our home economists relies on canned soup and frozen meatballs for swift preparation. The tender meatballs and comforting cream sauce are served over mashed potatoes for a savory meal.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs, thawed
- Hot mashed potatoes
- In a large saucepan, combine flour and soups. Stir in the water and seasonings until blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add meatballs; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Serve over mashed potatoes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Garlic Meatballs in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p62
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Garlic Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review