In her Auburn, Kansas kitchen, Myra Innes cooks these rich, creamy mashed potatoes frequently. Garlic cloves are boiled and then mashed right along with the potatoes to give them extraordinary flavor.
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 15 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place the potatoes, garlic and 1 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- Transfer potato mixture to a large bowl; mash. Add the butter, cream and remaining salt; beat until smooth. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Mashed Potatoes in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p57
Reviews for Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review