- 5 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 15 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place the potatoes, garlic and 1 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- Transfer potato mixture to a large bowl; mash. Add the butter, cream and remaining salt; beat until smooth. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
"These were good, but too garlicky (and that's coming from garlic lovers!). We might make them again with some modifications."
"Very good and easy to make. Had all ingredients on hand. Everyone liked them. Will make again."
"I've used seasoned salt in place of the regular salt and sometimes used Himalayan salt. The results are very tasty!"
"very tasty and creamy texture"
"This was actually my first experience making mashed potatoes, and I didn't want to start out making a mediocre dish. These were perfect. All of my friends loved them! This will now be my go to potato recipe :)"
"Best recipe ever! These were soooo good."
"Very good and especially easy. I loved the garlic cooking directly with the potatoes in the pot. I used red skin potatoes, kept the skins on and added parsley for color. I great hit!"
"These came out perfect!"