Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 15 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place the potatoes, garlic and 1 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- Transfer potato mixture to a large bowl; mash. Add the butter, cream and remaining salt; beat until smooth. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes(6)
Sort By :
very tasty and creamy texture
This was actually my first experience making mashed potatoes, and I didn't want to start out making a mediocre dish. These were perfect. All of my friends loved them! This will now be my go to potato recipe :)
Best recipe ever! These were soooo good.
These turned out great! We made them for our Christmas dinner and it went wonderfully with the ham. We didn't put quite 15 garlic cloves (closer to 10) but you could still taste the flavor.
Very good and especially easy. I loved the garlic cooking directly with the potatoes in the pot. I used red skin potatoes, kept the skins on and added parsley for color. I great hit!