Creamy Garlic Ham Spread
"This rich and creamy cracker spread is great to snack on when watching football games," assures Elsie Krueger of Bloomer, Wisconsin. "You can have it ready in about 10 minutes. Feel free to substitute crabmeat for the ham," she suggests.
32 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash salt
- 1/2 pound cubed fully cooked ham
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the first six ingredients until well blended.
- Stir in ham.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and heat at 50% power
- for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Serve with crackers.
- Yield: 4 cups.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave. Reduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 54 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.