Creamy Garden Spaghetti Recipe
I spent 14 years preparing meals in restaurants, but now I just cook to entertain family and friends. I've always liked the versatility of pasta. This cheesy vegetable noodle dish is one of my grandmother's favorites, so I make it often when we get together. —Karrie Fimbres Sparks, Nevada
- 1/2 pound fresh broccoli, broken into florets
- 1-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large carrots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube or 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms and carrot in oil until crisp-tender. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 2. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, bouillon and thyme until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Reduce heat to low; stir in cheeses until melted. Add the vegetables; cook until heated through. Drain spaghetti; Add to vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 512 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 492 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 22 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC