I spent 14 years preparing meals in restaurants, but now I just cook to entertain family and friends. I've always liked the versatility of pasta. This cheesy vegetable noodle dish is one of my grandmother's favorites, so I make it often when we get together. —Karrie Fimbres Sparks, Nevada
- 1/2 pound fresh broccoli, broken into florets
- 1-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large carrots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube or 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms and carrot in oil until crisp-tender. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, bouillon and thyme until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in cheeses until melted. Add the vegetables; cook until heated through. Drain spaghetti; Add to vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Garden Spaghetti in Taste of Home June/July 2001, p39
Reviews for Creamy Garden Spaghetti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review