Creamy Garden Spaghetti Recipe
- 1/2 pound fresh broccoli, broken into florets
- 1-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large carrots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube or 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms and carrot in oil until crisp-tender. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, bouillon and thyme until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in cheeses until melted. Add the vegetables; cook until heated through. Drain spaghetti; Add to vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Garden Spaghetti
Sort By :
"This is a great dinner. My 6 year old didn't ask how many bites she ate everything on her plate. I also want to say thank you for making the sauce. I won't use a recipe that calls for any cream soup."
"We loved this.....full of vegetables, and the creamy sauce is so good. With the cheese and milk, you get enough protein that you don't need meat, although we did have it with baked chicken, (to satisfy a son who is offended if anything suggests a vegetarian meal). We all thought this was delicious, and it will now be a stand-by I'll make often!"