- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt chocolate and butter in a metal bowl over barely simmering water. Stir until smooth.
- Place evaporated milk, sugar and vanilla in a blender; cover and process 1 minute to dissolve sugar. Add warm chocolate mixture; cover and process just until mixture thickens to desired consistency, about 30 seconds. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Fudge Frosting
"This frosting definitely tastes like fudge! I wondered how making it in a blender would work. I followed the directions exactly and it turned out great. It took just a few seconds/minutes to reach the consistency I desired. And it was easy to spoon out of the blender cup and spread onto my cupcakes. I frosted 28 cupcakes but probably could have frosted as many as 32. I will share this recipe with my friends!"
"easy and good"
"Mine turned out extremely thin. What did I do wrong?"
"What an awesome frosting recipe! We thought it was delicious on chocolate zucchini cake and I'm anxious to try it on other cakes as well!"
"This stuff is great and works well with a chocolate zucchini cake. I like the fact that I was out of powdered sugar, but didn't need it for this icing."
"This is a wonderful icing! I have been looking for a fudge like icing for my chocolate cake that I make because I wanted to try something different than my usual buttercream icing. This icing has a beautiful gloss to it and makes the cake look very professional.I made the recipe as-is and with the unsweetened chocolate and the 1cup of sugar iand it ends up with a semi-sweet taste. My family enjoyed it because we didn't want an overly sweet cake since I was serving it with ice cream and berries. However if you want a sweeter fudgy icing perhaps try a semi-sweet or even milk chocolate bar with the sugar as called for in the recipe.Great recipe that I will use often. Thank you!!"