- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt chocolate and butter in a metal bowl over barely simmering water. Stir until smooth.
- Place evaporated milk, sugar and vanilla in a blender; cover and process 1 minute to dissolve sugar. Add warm chocolate mixture; cover and process just until mixture thickens to desired consistency, about 30 seconds. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Fudge Frosting
"This frosting definitely tastes like fudge! I wondered how making it in a blender would work. I followed the directions exactly and it turned out great. It took just a few seconds/minutes to reach the consistency I desired. And it was easy to spoon out of the blender cup and spread onto my cupcakes. I frosted 28 cupcakes but probably could have frosted as many as 32. I will share this recipe with my friends!"
"easy and good"
"Mine turned out extremely thin. What did I do wrong?"
"This is a wonderful icing! I have been looking for a fudge like icing for my chocolate cake that I make because I wanted to try something different than my usual buttercream icing. This icing has a beautiful gloss to it and makes the cake look very professional.I made the recipe as-is and with the unsweetened chocolate and the 1cup of sugar iand it ends up with a semi-sweet taste. My family enjoyed it because we didn't want an overly sweet cake since I was serving it with ice cream and berries. However if you want a sweeter fudgy icing perhaps try a semi-sweet or even milk chocolate bar with the sugar as called for in the recipe.Great recipe that I will use often. Thank you!!"